- Suitable Agro-climatic conditions ; Good Quality, Organic nature
- Favourable basic as well as industrial infrastructure in-place like Mega Food Park, Food Processing Industrial Park etc. ;
- Assistance under Pradhan Mantri KISAN SAMPADA Yojana of Central Government ;
- Provision of additional subsidy under Tripura State Incentive Policy ; North East Industrial Development scheme of Central Government etc.
- Financial tie-ups through Self employment schemes like Prime Ministers’ Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) and Swabalamban ;
Food Processing Opportunities:
Integrated rice mill units for boiled, parboiled boiled, flake and puffed rice
Juice, Tidbit slice, Jam, Concentrates, IQF, Fibre Marmalade, Cocktail syrup, preserved fresh, wax emulsion.
Dehydrated, Chips, Pulp in Syrup, Osmo- air dried and wax emulsion.
Puree, Chips, Pulp, Concentrates, Banana Powder.
Juice, Jam, Concentrate, Marmalade, Fruits cocktail in syrup, preserved fresh
State Government Incentives:
- Land Allotment at reasonable rate.
- Assured Water and Power Supply
- Common Effluent Treatment Plant
- Marketing Assistance from Dept of I&C
- Packaging Assistance from Indian Institute of Packaging
- Skill Development in Tool Room at Bodhjungnagar
State Govt Subsidies :
- Capital Investment Subsidy (@40%, max : Rs. 70 lakhs),
- Industrial Promotion Subsidy (max : Rs. 1.0 cr.),
- Reimbursement of Power Charges (@25%, max : Rs. 20 lakhs),
- Reimbursement of Interest on Working Capital Loans (@5%, max : Rs. 10 lakhs per Enterprise)
- Procurement Preference (20%),
- Export Promotion Subsidy (@ 10% on value of export, maximum Rs. 20 lakhs per annum.
- State Transport Subsidy (@10% on transportation of finished goods by rail)
- Subsidy for participation in fares etc.
- Special Incentive for Industries continuing beyond 5 years.
Central Government Incentives:
“North East Industrial Development Scheme (NEIDS),2017 ”
- Central Capital Investment Incentive for Access to Credit (CCIIAC) (@30%, max : Rs. 5 cr.),
- Central Interest Incentive (Cll) (@3% on Working capital.),
- Central Comprehensive Insurance Incentive (CCII) Reimbursement of 100% insurance premium
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) Reimbursement for 5 years
- Income-Tax (IT) Reimbursement for 5 years
- Transport Incentive (TI) @20% by roadways ; 33% for perishable products through air freight
Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) Incentives:
Prime Minister Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
- Scheme for infrastructure for Agro Processing clusters (@50%, max : Rs. 10 cr.),
- Creation of backward and forward linkages(@50%, max : Rs. 5.0 cr.),
- Scheme for Creation/Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation capacities (@50%, max : Rs. 5.0 cr.),
- Cold Chain scheme Income-Tax (IT)
- Food Safety & Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resource & Institutions Development
Prime Minister Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PM FME)
- Launched under ATMANIRBHAR BHARAT ABHIYAN
- Period : From 2020-21 to 2024-25 (Five Years)
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme with 90:10 sharing basis
- 2,00,000 micro food processing industries to be supported with credit linked subsidy
- @35% of eligible project cost with max. Rs. 10.0 lakhs ; 10% Promoter’s contribution ; balance from Banks
- One District One Product approach
- Existing/New Individual units/SHGs are eligible.
- About PMKSY Scheme
Government of India (GOI) has approved a Central Sector Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) with an allocation of Rs. 6,000 crore for the period 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle. The scheme will be implemented by Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana is a comprehensive package which will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet. It will not only provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country but also help in providing better returns to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers income, creating huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas, reducing wastage of agricultural produce, increasing the processing level and enhancing the export of the processed foods.
The following schemes will be implemented under PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana :
- Mega Food Parks
- Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing/ Preservation Capacities (Unit Scheme)
- Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters
- Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure
- Human Resources and Institutions
- Operation Greens
PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana is expected to leverage investment of Rs. 31,400 crore for handling of 334 lakh MT agro-produce valued at Rs. 1,04,125 crore, benefiting 20 lakh farmers and generating 5,30,500 direct/indirect employment in the country by the year 2019-20.
For details please contact the following link :
- Prime Minister Formalisation of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PM FME)
Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), in partnership with the State/ UT Governments, has launched an all India Centrally Sponsored PM Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises Scheme (PM FME Scheme) for providing financial, technical and business support for upgradation of existing micro food processing enterprises.
The objectives of scheme are to build capability of microenterprises to enable:
- Increased access to credit by existing micro food processing entrepreneurs, FPOs, Self Help Groups and Co-operatives;
- Integration with organized supply chain by strengthening branding & marketing;
- Support for transition of existing 2,00,000 enterprises into formal framework;
- Increased access to common services like common processing facility, laboratories, storage, packaging, marketing and incubation services;
- Strengthening of institutions, research and training in the food processing sector; and vi) Increased access for the enterprises, to professional and technical support.
Support to Individual Micro Enterprises
Individual micro food processing units would be provided credit-linked capital subsidy @35% of the eligible project cost with a maximum ceiling of Rs.10.0 lakh per unit. Beneficiary contribution should be minimum of 10% of the project cost with balance being loan from Bank.
The Scheme would support clusters and groups such as FPOs/SHGs/ producer cooperatives along their entire value chain for sorting, grading, assaying, storage, common processing, packaging, marketing, processing of agri-produce, and testing laboratories.
For detail Guideline please visit the following website :
State Level Implementation :
- Implementing Agency : The Directorate of Industries & Commerce, Government of Tripura
- Nodal Officer : The Director, Industries & Commerce
- State Level Approval Committee (SLAC) constituted headed by the Chief Secretary.
- District Level Committee (DLC) constituted for each District headed by the DM & Collector.
Function and responsibility of State Level Approval Committee (SLAC) :
- The State Level Approval Committee would be responsible for approval of the following:
- Surveys/Studies ;
- Project Implementation Plan (PIP) submitted by State Nodal Agency (SNA) ;
- Capacity building activities of State and District officials ;
- Training and skill development calendars for State Level agencies, Enterprises:
- Strengthening of State Institutions:
- Subsidy proposals for groups for recommending to Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) ;
- Proposals for provision of Common Facilities, Groups and marketing & branding ;
- Seed Capital to Groups ;
- The SLAC will have power to sanction project expenditure up to Rs.10 lakh on various activities included in the PIP ;
- Apart from the above approvals, the SLAC would also undertake the following activities :
- Set monthly targets for the scheme in line with the overall scheme targets ;
- Monitor the progress of the scheme through the portal ;
- Ensure synergy with other relevant organizations ;
- Ensure inspection of Units/CFC funded under the scheme.
Function and responsibility of District Level Committee (DLC) :
The DLC would be responsible for the following :
- Approvals of applications for loan and subsidy to individual micro enterprises ;
- To recommend applications for common infrastructures and Groups to State Nodal Agency i.e Directorate of Industries & Commerce ;
- Monitor handholding support being rendered to micro enterprises by District Resource Persons;
- Monitor the progress of the scheme through the portal and through effective Dashboard monitoring ;
- Ensure synergy with all relevant organizations ;
2.Relevant Links : mofpi, Sikaria Mega Food Park